PSC now hiring young adults as “Future Coaches” for summer 2016
“Future Coaches – Summer Job Program”
The Pickering Soccer Club is looking for young adults between the ages of 16 to 23 to participate in the PSC – Future Coaches Summer Job Program. The program will accept applications from potential young coaches and will select 7 Male and 7 Female coaches. Click here for the application form.
The program will run from early June to the middle of August for a total of 8 to 10 weeks. This is a paid position. Selected candidates will be paid a rate of $12 / hour and are expected to coach / work for minimum of 6 hours per week. Most of the work assignments will take place in the evenings from 5:30pm to 8:30pm with the occasional Saturday or Sunday assignments as well.
As a member of this program, you will assist and coach children between the ages of 6 to 13. In addition to coaching duties, there may be other supervisory duties on and off the field. During the course of the soccer season “Future Coaches” may be assigned to coach in the following programs:
- Special Needs/All Abilities program
- Physical Literacy Program
- Goalkeeper program
- Recreational Academy Boys Program
- Recreational Academy Girls program
- Summer Camp
Goals of the program:
- To help PSC build a pool of coaches for their youth programs
- To develop young adults in coaching education and child development
- To teach young adults how to impart life lessons using a sports strateg
- To help the club build a pool of coaches for their youth players and teams
- Create role models for new generations of young soccer players
- Expose youth to soccer opportunities beyond play, thereby enhancing retention and integration of soccer as a lifetime passion
- Provide opportunities for future Employment with PSC
If you are interested in this position, please complete the application from the link above. You can drop it off at the Club to the attention of “Tony La Ferrara” – Club Head Coach” or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline – May 5 2016.
NOTE: All Future Coaches must be able to complete the following programs before they are considered for the position:
- OSA workshop – May 10 2016 – 6pm to 9pm (PSC Clubhouse)
- PSC Workshop – June 3 2016 – 6pm to 9pm (Soccer Field)