Walking Soccer is a new take on soccer; participants must be walking whether they have the ball or not. This allows players of all skill and fitness levels to participate and be engaged in the sport. Walking Soccer is played on a smaller field, 5 on 5. There is no special equipment needed for this program. We do ask players to dress comfortably and have running shoes. No age restrictions.
We’ve been featured on Global TV! Click here to see our story!
We are offering this program, as a recreational activity, with no referee, using players to referee themselves in the game.
· No running, jogging or sprinting on and off the ball
· The ball must not go over the players heads
· Tackling is at a minimum, light contact allowed
· Running will give the other team a free kick
· You cannot score on a free kick
· Throw-ins become kick-ins
The Pickering Soccer Club is offering this new program every Friday beginning February 9th 2018 at the Pickering Soccer Centre from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm.
Walk the Dome
Starting February 5, 2018 come join us on Monday and Friday mornings for “Walk the Dome” at the Pickering Soccer Centre. The Pickering Soccer Centre is fully accessible, with a soft turf indoor surface and ample parking. Enjoy some light music, use our Nordic Walking Poles while make new friends. No age restrictions and no special equipment required.
1 km = 2.85 times around the dome
Every person who signs up for Walk the Dome will receive a FREE pedometer!
For more information on the walking programs please contact Tammy Lyle-Gravlev at 905.831.9803 x 210 or email@example.com.
Adult Drop In Soccer
- Please note – There will be no Drop In sessions on Dec 23, 2018 and Mar 10, 2019.
- Sunday nights from 9pm – 10:30pm – only $10 per participant for 90 minute sessions – Drop In soccer resumes on October 14, 2018 and runs until the 14th of April 2019 (dates may be revised +/- based on attendance).
The Pickering Soccer Centre is located at 1975 Clements Rd in Pickering.