All Abilities / Special Needs
The All Abilities soccer program offers all children and youth with intellectual and/or physical disabilities, within Durham Region and the Greater Toronto Area, an opportunity to learn and play the great game of soccer.
Every child deserves a chance to build lasting friendships, make memories and feel like they belong. The All Abilities team strives for an inclusive environment where no child is noticed for their disability, rather, their enormous abilities shine.
Our program is fully inclusive, designed and adapted for children with any disability or level of behaviour. Whether they use a wheelchair, walker or wear orthotics, or live with an intellectual, communication (ASD) or developmental disability, we provide support (1:1 as needed) and welcome all on the field. The Pickering Soccer Club’s All Abilities Program is at the forefront of development of not only soccer programs but also physical literacy programming, and recreation/socialization opportunities.
The three pillars of our program are FUN, FRIENDS, and FITNESS!
The All Abilities Team is always looking for Volunteers. Community Service hours are available for students. Register as a Volunteer today; in person, or online here.
Take a moment to like us on Facebook! PSCAllAbilities
- Indoor All Abilities Programs (October – March) – The 2017-18 All Abilities Fall/Winter Program will begin October 28, 2017 and run to December 16, 2017. The second session runs from January 13, 2018 to March 3, 2018. Registrations can be accepted at the office or online once it becomes available. The fee for the program is $95/session.
- Outdoor All Abilities Programs (May – August) Every Wednesday from 6:00-8:15pm at Brock Ridge Park in Pickering
We are making incredible things happen!
Summer 2017 was an incredible success for the All Abilities program. We couldn’t have achieved all we did without our amazing and dedicated volunteers and our dynamic team of summer students! Thank you all for your time, kindness, and generosity! Your contribution to our programs and events has been invaluable!
The past 3 months highlighted the following initiatives:
- The All Abilities Festival soccer challenge
- PSC Blind soccer training session with Charley Simo, National Blind Soccer Coach
- PSC delivered a blind soccer session for MLSE and 50 girls during their leadership camp
- We participated in the Holland Bloorview “Danceable” event
- Our 3rd annual iCan Marathon fundraiser. Our GoFundMe account is still active and accepting donations!
- PSC’s end of season Festival
- The All Abilities team created and submitted an entry for the Kraft Heinz Project Play hoping to win $250,000 toward building an Inclusive Sports Park!
If you would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.