Awards & Scholarships
Life Time Achievement
The Larry LeBlanc Life Time Achievement Award is presented to those PSC members who truly impacted the Club and Community with their dedication and generosity.
Hero of the Community Volunteer Award
Competitive Program or Team of the Year
Competitive Coach of the Year
Recreational Coach of the Year
The Stan Muir Award is presented to the Recreational Coach of the Year.
The G. Crowder Award is presented to the Coordinator of the Year (if applicable.)
The Pickering Soccer Club Academic Scholarship Award program has been created so that we may recognize those young men and women who have made significant contributions to their community, their school, and the Pickering Soccer Club.
- There will be four (4) scholarships offered annually, two (2) male and two (2) female, not to exceed a total expenditure of four thousand dollars ($4000).
- Each scholarship will not exceed one thousand dollars ($1000).
- Two (2) scholarships will be awarded to competitive players; one (1) female and one (1) male.
- Two (2) scholarships will be awarded to recreational players; one (1) female and one (1) male.
Applicants must submit a completed application accompanied with a letter of recommendation to the Pickering Soccer Club. If a candidate fulfills the qualifications of the Pickering Soccer Club Scholarship program, their respective applications will be reviewed by an executive committee panel and 4 award recipients (two male and two female) will be chosen. The awards will be presented at the annual AGM. Click here for the application form.
- A resident of Durham Region
- A candidate that has played for the Pickering Soccer Club for a minimum of seven (7) years.
- A student enrolled in Grade 12 (or equivalent) and graduating during the current season.
- A student who maintains a minimum average of 75% during both Grade 12 semesters.
- A candidate that has best exemplified the aforementioned qualities of fair play, academic and athletic excellence and leadership skills both on and off the field.
- A candidate that has been accepted at a recognized Canadian College or University.
- A candidate that has done community service work within the Pickering Soccer Club.
Submission Deadline – September 1st of each year.
The scholarship program will be reviewed annually and the Pickering Soccer Club reserves the right to make any necessary adjustments based on budgetary considerations. Please click here for an application form.